Here is the updated risk assessment in light of the current lockdown restrictions.
Have a go at these Christmas tree cakes
For the cake:
- 100g unsalted butter at room temp
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
For the decoration:
- red and white writing icing
- 2 packets (approx. 75g) smarties
- handful of edible silver balls
- 8 candy canes
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 160c fan. Grease and line a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and continue to mix.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix by hand. Add the milk and mix again.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin and flatten with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cook in the tin for a few minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- It’s really important to let the cake cool completely before cutting it so that it won’t crumble. We need it to hold its shape.
- Once the cake is completely cooled cut it into 8 triangles – in half first, then quarters, then eights.
- Turn the cake triangles upside down for flatter surface. Use the writing icing to create a string or tinsel effect and then add a few smarties. Then decorate with a few silver balls.
- Use the end of a teaspoon to make a small hole in the bottom of the christmas tree. Snap off the curved part of the candy cane and insert that into the hole.
- Finally, dust with a little icing sugar
Please bear with us as this website is under construction. If you need any help or information please contact us directly on 0114 2364319
It’s World Nursery Rhyme Week!!
Look below and follow the links to sing along with your favourite nursery rhymes https://www.worldnurseryrhymeweek.com/
Here is a copy of our recently updated risk assessment
Makes: 8 bhajis
- For the bhaji mix
- 5 small onions, sliced 5mm thick
- 5 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- water, as needed
- Spices for the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Gently sweat the onions off in a frying pan with some oil until they turn translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the chilli powder and mix. Add the turmeric, cumin, ginger, coriander and stir well. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chickpea flour, salt, coriander, cumin into a medium bowl and mix well. Add the onions and tomato puree into a bowl and mix. Add a little bit of water to get the correct consistency, it should be wet and easy to stir, but not sloppy.
- Drizzle some oil onto the prepared tray, place 2 tablespoons of the onion mix onto the tray for each bhaji, flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes, drizzle a little oil on top of the bhajis and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot, enjoy!
Here are the term dates for the forthcoming year
We approaching the end of our first week back of the new term and would like to say a big THANK YOU to all children, staff and parents for making this week run smoothly and adhering to our new operating procedures.
We have lots of new families and welcome them to Wizz Kids and would encourage any parents who have questions about the nursery to speak with key workers or email the office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wizz Kids is grouping children together in “bubbles ” according to their age. This is to limit the number of children each child is in contact with. Our 3-4 year old bubble is now full and we will not be accepting any additional children for this age group until September.
We have spaces in our 2-3 year old and baby bubble. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com